Please select a location
Self-referral is quick and easy and just takes a couple of minutes. You can also use this to refer a pregnancy on behalf of a woman.
Please select a location in order to inform the NHS of your pregnancy:
- Greater Glasgow and Clyde SPA - Alternatively you can contact the Maternity Booking Line on 0141 347 8422 If you have a GP within Lanarkshire please call the Maternity Booking Line directly. You may receive a call from 0141 232 4000 if we need more information regarding your referral.
- York and Scarborough SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy. If you are wanting to have your pregnancy care at Bridlington, Malton, Scarborough, Selby, Whitby or York please use our online referral. To help us process your referral quickly please use your NHS number, this can be found on the NHS app or from your GP. If you have any difficulties in completing this form please contact the Antenatal Admin team on 01904 726720. You may have to leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- Warrington SPA - If you would like to self-refer to Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust then please use this page.
- Mid Yorks SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy! If you live in the Wakefield, Dewsbury, or Pontefract areas - or if you live out of area and wish to have your baby at The Mid Yorks Trust - then please use this self-referral form to book for our maternity services. If you live out of area, you will also need to contact your local midwife at your GP surgery. It is important that you contact us as soon as you know you are pregnant to ensure you get the best possible health support and are able to access free prescriptions, dentistry and other support so your care is personalised to your individual needs.
- Gloucestershire SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy! Welcome to Gloucestershire Maternity Services. Please complete the online form to refer yourself into the Maternity Services. Your initial contact will be a phone call (which might be from an unknown number). Your booking appointment should happen before you're 12 weeks pregnant.
- West Herts SPA - Welcome to our maternity unit at West Herts Hospitals NHS Trust. We provide personalized and high-quality maternity care for women living in Hertfordshire and North London. It would be really helpful if you could provide your NHS number on the referral. We will inform your GP that you are pregnant and to share relevant health information. We will also liaise with the local authority if your midwife thinks you will benefit from extra support.
- Dorset Referrals - You can refer yourself to Dorset maternity services by completing this self-referral form. If you don’t wish to have your baby at a Dorset hospital, please directly contact the hospital you wish to birth at. You may still receive some of your care from Dorset midwives. If you are considering a homebirth, please complete the self-referral form. You will then receive a booking appointment, which will happen when you’re around 8 - 12 weeks pregnant, or as soon as possible if you believe that your pregnancy is further along. There is no need to see your GP unless you have existing health problems. If you do have any existing health problems, it’s a good idea to see your GP when you find out that you’re pregnant, so that they can review any medication you’re taking and see if you need any additional care.
- Northumbria Healthcare SPA - Women in the North Tyneside and Northumberland areas will be able to self refer their pregnancy to Northumbria Maternity Services using the portal regardless of which hospital they wish to have their baby at.
- Bristol, North Somerset, South Glos. - Welcome to Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) maternity services. Please use this link if you are pregnant and wish to refer for antenatal maternity care at either North Bristol NHS Trust NBT (Southmead or Cossham) or University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust UHBW (St Michael's or Weston General Hospital). Please complete this self-referral form and a member of the team will be in touch to book your first appointment with the community midwife. We recommend you complete this form as soon as you know you are pregnant; it should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. If need help completing this form, please contact the booking team Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm on 0117 414 6743 (North Bristol NHS Trust) or 0117 342 0850 (University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust).
- Walsall Self Referral - Congratulations on your pregnancy! The maternity team at Walsall are looking forward to supporting your pregnancy journey. Please complete the form and a member of the community team will be in touch with you to arrange your first appointment with us. The following form requires you to provide personal information including your GP details and your NHS number. If you don't know your NHS number please visit https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/
- BUMP - *** IMPORTANT DO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT READING:*** PLEASE ONLY USE THIS REFERRAL PORTAL IF YOUR GP PRACTICE IS LISTED. IF YOU PROVIDE INCORRECT INFORMATION THIS WILL DELAY THE REFERRAL PROCESS. Important that the correct NHS NUMBER is entered to avoid delays in accessing care. The national link below will send you a text message with your NHS number as long as you input the correct contact details you have used to register with the GP. https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/ You must complete all questions – where exact last period date (LMP) is unknown, please add an approximate date. This will allow us to start the booking process. If you have any queries with your booking, please contact your GP practice who will put you in contact with your midwife. NOTE: 'UNKNOWN' GP OPTION IS NOT SETUP FOR BUMP/ BSOL LMNS. This portal allows you, or the referrer to select options for birthing at: Good Hope Hospital, Heartlands Hospital, or Birmingham Women’s Hospital. Click the button below to start your referral. It is quick and easy and should only take ten minutes to complete. Congratulations on your pregnancy – we look forward to welcoming you on the journey.
- Somerset SPA - If you are more than 6 weeks pregnant you can use this maternity referral form to tell us about your pregnancy. Your pregnancy care will be provided by a team of midwives based on which GP surgery you are registered with. You can choose to birth your baby at either Yeovil or Taunton, your midwife will discuss this with you during your appointments. Once you have submitted your self-referral you should receive a confirmation e-mail to let you know it has been received. BOOKING FOR OTHER HOSPITALS: If you wish to have your baby at another hospital please do not complete this form and please contact the hospitals directly on the numbers provided below... Dorchester: 01305 253315 Bath: Paulton Birth Centre on 01761 412107 or Shepton Mallet Birth Centre on 01749 342378. St Michaels Hospital in Bristol : Please be advised that are no longer accepting referrals from Somerset residents at this time. If there is a medical need to deliver at St Michael’s Hospital, you will be referred by your health care professional once assessed.
- Harrogate Referral Location - If you are pregnant and are considering giving birth at Harrogate, please get in touch as soon as possible so that we can start planning your care together. You may also complete this from at any stage in pregnancy if you wish to transfer your care to Harrogate from another maternity care provider. You can also complete this form to refer a pregnancy on behalf of a woman. Our aim is make sure you have access to the right care from day one. Harrogate will triage your referral based on the information you provide and the hospital will contact you in the next few weeks to start your antenatal care. In the meantime if you are worried about your pregnancy, please tell your GP straight away. If you have a history of: Ectopic or molar pregnancy, 3 recurrent miscarriage, history of a late miscarriage or pregnant with an intrauterine device in place still please indicate in the free text of the medical history. We strongly advise that you to read information about screening tests that will be offered to you in early pregnancy to help you make informed decisions. You can find this link at: https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/services/maternity-services/ The information is also available in different languages. Click the button below to start your referral, it should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you have any difficulties in completing this form please contact the Antenatal Clinic on 01423 553010 (Monday- Friday 9-5pm).
- SaTH SPA - Women in Shropshire (including Telford and Wrekin) are able to self refer their pregnancy to local NHS services using this portal
- SHIP SPA - When completing the self referral questions if you are unsure of your exact LMP (Last Period), then please just add an approximate date. Women wanting their maternity care at either: Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, Andover War Memorial Hospital, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, University Hospital Southampton or Isle of Wight NHS Trust, are now able to refer their pregnancy using this portal. We are working together as SHIP LMS (Southampton, Hampshire Hospitals, Isle of Wight, and Portsmouth Trusts Local Maternity Services) to provide safe maternity care for you.
- North Tees and Hartlepool SPA - Congratulations! Please tell us about your pregnancy by completing the online referral form and a member of our team will be contact. If you believe your are >20 weeks pregnant, please contact the community team urgently on the following contact numbers to arrange a booking appointment. Hartlepool Community 01429 522279, Peterlee Community 01429 522270 , Stockton Community 01642 383439/383440, Rowan Team 01429 522875. If in any doubt, please contact our advice line 01642 624239.
- George Eliot SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy! Whether this is your first time, or you’ve been on a maternity journey before, the first step is to complete a self-referral to George Eliot maternity services. It is quick and easy and should only take around ten minutes to complete.
- Hereford SPA - Women choosing to have their maternity care at Wye Valley NHS Trust are able to refer their pregnancy using this portal.
- New Cross Maternity - Congratulations on your pregnancy! Whether this is your first or you've already experienced Maternity services, we look forward to supporting you to access the care you want throughout your pregnancy journey. If you want any part of your care with us at New Cross, please complete the referral form by clicking on the green 'begin self-referral' button below. Complete the form as fully as possible - some fields are mandatory and you wont be able to continue without completing them. Once we receive your completed referral, we will triage it based on the information you have provided and a Midwife will be in touch to arrange your booking appointment. In the meantime, if you have any concerns about your pregnancy please speak to your GP. If you are Diabetic, it is important that you start taking Folic Acid 5mg as soon as possible. Please ask your GP for a prescription.
- Tayside SPA - **THIS SERVICE IS FOR WOMEN LIVING IN DUNDEE, PERTH & KINROSS AND ANGUS** Please use this form to begin your maternity care. Alternatively, you can phone the number below to speak with one of our central booking team. (Phone line available Mon-Fri 10am -2pm) Dundee 01382 632866 Perth 01738 473270 Angus 01241 822536 Your midwife will then contact you to arrange your initial appointment. The information you submit will be treated in confidence and in order to provide appropriate care for you and your baby we may need to share information with the wider care team. We will take your referral as an agreement to share information.
- SWBH - Congratulations on your pregnancy. Pregnant women/ birthing people in the West Birmingham (City Hospital) and Sandwell areas are able to refer for maternity care to local NHS services using this link. You can also use this link to refer someone on their behalf. Please DO NOT use this link if your GP is not in Sandwell or West Birmingham **PLEASE COMPLETE THE first day of your last period on the form - this will help you get your care at the correct time. If you are not sure please put your best guess** PLEASE ADD THE HOSPITAL YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR BABY TO BE BORN AT IN THE MEDICAL QUESTIONS FREE TEXT BOX
- Lancashire and South Cumbria SPA - If you would like your maternity care at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (Blackburn / Burnley) or Lancashire Teaching Hospitals (Preston / Chorley / South Ribble), you can refer using this portal. Blackpool NHS Trust and Morecambe Bay Hospitals will also join this portal in the coming months but at this time you will need to access the referral the Trusts websites. If you don't know your NHS number, please follow this link https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/
- South Tees Maternity SPA - Congratulations on the news of your pregnancy! You may have experienced pregnancy before, or this may be your first time; at South Tees, we look forward to welcoming you into our maternity services and supporting you throughout your pregnancy journey. The aim is to ensure you have the proper care from day one. You should complete the referral form – by clicking the link below. Following this, if you haven't beforehand, James Cook patients will need to arrange a booking appointment by contacting their GP. For patients receiving care in Friarage, please wait for the midwife to contact you. South Tees will triage your referral based on the information you provide, and someone from your community midwifery team will be in touch to start your antenatal care. In the meantime, if you are worried about your pregnancy, please seek advice from your GP or the early pregnancy assessment unit immediately. Click here to inform the NHS of your pregnancy. It’s quick and easy and will take a couple of minutes. This portal allows women in Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, Hambleton and Richmondshire to self-refer their pregnancy to local NHS services. You can also use this to refer to pregnancy on behalf of a woman.
- Northern Care Alliance SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy, if you would like to self-refer to maternity services at The Royal OLDHAM Hospital or ROCHDALE infirmary, please use this link which will ask you to answer questions regarding your health and pregnancy. If you have not heard from a member of the maternity team regarding a booking appointment after 14 days, please contact 0161 652 5811 (Oldham) or 01706 517223 (Rochdale) and we will be able to assist you. If you wish to birth your baby at another hospital such as St Mary’s or North Manchester Hospital, please do not register your pregnancy with the NCA, instead please contact your preferred maternity unit.
- Fife SPA - **THIS SERVICE IS ONLY FOR WOMEN LIVING IN FIFE** Please access this service if you have missed a period and have had a positive pregnancy test and wish to continue with the pregnancy otherwise please access further information at https://www.nhsfife.org/services/all-services/maternity/youre-pregnant-what-happens-now/ Please note you will need to know the 1st day of your last menstrual period (LMP) or date of your positive pregnancy test to continue with this online referral. If you are unsure please enter an approximate date otherwise call 01592 643355 ext 28374 Mon-Fri 1000 -1200hrs. We will send you an email confirming that we have received your referral and also send a copy of the referral to your GP. The email will explain what happens next and also has links to further information regarding your pregnancy.