Please select a location
Self-referral is quick and easy and just takes a couple of minutes. You can also use this to refer a pregnancy on behalf of a woman.
Please select a location in order to inform the NHS of your pregnancy:
- Warrington SPA - If you would like to self-refer to Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust then please use this page.
- Dorset Referrals - You can refer yourself to Dorset maternity services by completing this self-referral form. If you don’t wish to have your baby at a Dorset hospital, please directly contact the hospital you wish to birth at. You may still receive some of your care from Dorset midwives. If you are considering a homebirth, please complete the self-referral form. You will then receive a booking appointment, which will happen when you’re around 8 - 12 weeks pregnant, or as soon as possible if you believe that your pregnancy is further along. There is no need to see your GP unless you have existing health problems. If you do have any existing health problems, it’s a good idea to see your GP when you find out that you’re pregnant, so that they can review any medication you’re taking and see if you need any additional care.
- BUMP - *** IMPORTANT DO NOT PROCEED REFERRAL WITHOUT READING:*** ONLY USE THIS PORTAL IF YOUR GP PRACTICE IS LISTED. IF YOU PROVIDE INCORRECT INFORMATION THIS WILL DELAY THE REFERRAL PROCESS. WHEN COMPLETING THE SELF-REFERRAL, QUESTIONS YOU ARE UNSURE OF I.E., YOUR EXACT LMP (Last Period), THEN PLEASE JUST ADD AN APPROXIMATE DATE. THIS WILL ALLOW US TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENTS QUICKLY. IF YOUR GP PRACTICE IS NOT LISTED, DO NOT USE THIS PORTAL, INSTEAD CONTACT YOUR REGISTERED GP PRACTICE WHO WILL PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH THE MIDWIFE CONNECTED TO THE PRACTICE AND REFER YOU TO YOUR CHOSEN HOSPITAL. NOTE: THE 'UNKNOWN' GP OPTION IS NOT SETUP FOR BUMP/ BSOL LMNS. This portal allows you, or the woman you are referring to select one of the following hospitals: Good Hope Hospital, Heartlands Hospital, or Birmingham Women’s Hospital. If you would like to refer yourself to any other hospital then please contact your GP practice. Click the button below to start your referral. It is quick and easy and should only take around ten minutes to complete. Congratulations on your pregnancy – we look forward to welcoming you on the journey.
- SaTH SPA - Women in Shropshire (including Telford and Wrekin) are able to self refer their pregnancy to local NHS services using this portal
- SHIP SPA - When completing the self referral questions if you are unsure of your exact LMP (Last Period), then please just add an approximate date. Women wanting their maternity care at either: Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, Andover War Memorial Hospital, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, University Hospital Southampton or Isle of Wight NHS Trust, are now able to refer their pregnancy using this portal. We are working together as SHIP LMS (Southampton, Hampshire Hospitals, Isle of Wight, and Portsmouth Trusts Local Maternity Services) to provide safe maternity care for you.
- George Eliot SPA - Congratulations on your pregnancy! Whether this is your first time, or you’ve been on a maternity journey before, the first step is to complete a self-referral to George Eliot maternity services. It is quick and easy and should only take around ten minutes to complete.
- Hereford SPA - Women choosing to have their maternity care at Wye Valley NHS Trust are able to refer their pregnancy using this portal.
- Tayside SPA - This method allows you to self-refer your pregnancy if you live in the Dundee, Perth or Angus areas.
- Lancashire and South Cumbria SPA - If you would like your maternity care at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (Blackburn / Burnley) or Lancashire Teaching Hospitals (Preston / Chorley / South Ribble), you can refer using this portal. Blackpool NHS Trust and Morecambe Bay Hospitals will also join this portal in the coming months but at this time you will need to access the referral the Trusts websites. If you don't know your NHS number, please follow this link https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/
- Fife SPA - **THIS SERVICE IS ONLY FOR WOMEN LIVING IN FIFE** Please access this service if you have missed a period and have had a positive pregnancy test and wish to continue with the pregnancy otherwise please access further information at https://www.nhsfife.org/services/all-services/maternity/youre-pregnant-what-happens-now/ Please note you will need to know the 1st day of your last menstrual period (LMP) or date of your positive pregnancy test to continue with this online referral. If you are unsure please enter an approximate date otherwise call 01592 643355 ext 28374 Mon-Fri 1000 -1200hrs. We will send you an email confirming that we have received your referral and also send a copy of the referral to your GP. The email will explain what happens next and also has links to further information regarding your pregnancy.